McAfee is a very well-known antivirus company. Millions of users rely on their products. Some installed it because they trust this software. Lots of users got it pre-installed as they purchased a new laptop or desktop. Others got it when downloading Adobe products. Regardless of the way you get it, this antivirus delivers great protection and over 2 decades of experience prove it. Let’s get to know more about the types of McAfee antivirus programs and the peculiarities of the most advanced product.
The Classification of McAfee Products
McAfee LiveSafe is one of the antivirus products developed by McAfee. In total, there are 4:
- McAfee Antivirus Plus delivers basic malware protection and spyware protection.
- Internet Security is a more advanced solution that has a back-up feature.
- Total Protection has all the features from the already discussed versions as well as parental control and anti-spam.
- McAfee LiveSafe is the most advanced product with a password manager and a set of other tools.
In this article, we’ll talk more about the McAfee LiveSafe review and discover the pros & cons of using it.
When you look at the main window, you’ll see 5 modules at the top. They include Home, PC Security, Identity, Privacy, and Account. Using them, a user can navigate to all the available features and runs scans. The navigation is simple and user-friendly. Both beginners and advanced users are likely to appreciate design as well.
The advantages of LiveSafe
First of all, it’s premium protection, meaning you get the best McAfee has to offer. The program has the newest features, the best antivirus engines, the biggest selection of tools, etc.
Moreover, the security suite for all devices in your house. It’s very convenient as it lets you buy one license and protect all laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartphones in your house. The software is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS allowing you to install it to almost any device.
Every user gets 1 GB of encryption cloud storage with biometric authentication. This is one of the top-notch features this developer has to offer.
Finally, you can expect tools like a personal firewall, a password manager, disk cleanup, system boost tools, etc. LiveSafe offers all the features McAfee owns.
All these advantages make this software very appealing and worth trying. However, not everything is as perfect as it seems at first sight.
The Disadvantages of Using McAfee LiveSafe
Unfortunately, even this advanced version has several weak points. Let’s enumerate them:
- Firstly, you need to keep in mind that the security questions are known to lead to storage vulnerabilities. That’s why the cloud storage feature needs some improvement and modern adjustments.
- What’s more, the software doesn’t support the latest Mac OS and iOS. If you already updated your devices, you are likely to have to get another kind of protection. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until the company fixes this issue.
- Also, parental control is not very convenient not efficient. While the feature is present, you don’t get much from it.
Clearly, the company has lots of space for improvements. If one or more disadvantages make a difference to you, it’s better to opt for another antivirus either from this developer or from another one.
McAfee LiveSafe is the most advanced version of the company’s antivirus. If you really need encrypted cloud storage, this advanced version can come in handy. Otherwise, it’s probably better to pick the entry-level version since it’s cheaper and delivers almost the same features.